Tinsel is a lovely addition to any Christmas tree, but did you know that cats love to ingest it? Tinsel, ribbon, yarn, sewing thread and other similar items are frequently ingested by cats and pose serious danger to your pet's health. Once ingested, these items may become lodged and cause severe, life-threatening damage to the intestinal tract, requiring emergency surgery. If you have cats, avoid using tinsel on your Christmas tree and keep ribbons and strings out of reach of your kitty friends.
Sweet Pea came to me one day in my yard. I found her sitting under my holly tree. She wouldn't come to me so I had to trap her. I put her in a dog cage and we got to know each … [Read Full Story >]